Sunday, December 14, 2008

winter wonderland

Well, I can report that a whole weekend spent with the office turned out pretty well. Any downer having to spend time with officemates was easily made up for in the beauty of the surroundings at the Whitetail Lodge in McCall. Gorgeous views out every window. I went cross-country skiing at Ponderosa State Park during the day, shopping, and soaked in the hot tub on the lake...is this gorgeous or what! (ignore my goofy face) I was going to search for hotsprings but was nervous about trying to find them, never having been to any near McCall, in the winter without obvious trails and such....and the hot tube was soo much closer! I was tempted to polar bear it Payette Lake between soaks but there was ice on the shoreline, so I jumped head first into a snow bank instead :) I can't wait to plan a hot springs trip closer to Boise one weekend soon.

The office party wasn't to terrible. We have some new folks that it was nice to get to know better. And some big wigs joined us and it was nice to get to know them better also. We did a white elephant gift exchange.. my first gifts were stolen from me...then I got...hotel shampoo and soap wrapped in a bag! Lovely. I can guess what office prankster did that! It was generous of our office and regional manager to support such a nice event for us, I can't complain to much :)

It was a wonderful winter wonderland in McCall. Came back to Boise to snow too! I missed the Sleddin' and Sheddin' trial this weekend. You all must have gotten snowed on! Can't wait to hear how it went and how the runs were.

No comments: