We all got to shoot a wide variety of high powered rifles - 0.22 (not high power :), 0.234, 0.270, 7mm, .30 - 30, and .30 - 60 were a few. The recoil on some of those is tremendous. Here is my 25 yard target, alittle off but consistant, just need to adjust some. We also did archery. I don't think many women can draw enough lbs to actually kill something with a bow, but it was fun.

I spent a day with a Conservation Officer in my District and we patrolled the high mountain lakes at Roman Nose, here's a few photos.


My techs checking woodduck boxes. In August, after hatching, we check the boxes for egg shells, etc. to determine if there were successful broods hatched and by what species. There are several cavity nesting duck species, or squirrels or owls and such.

I helped out on a creel survey on Coeur d'Alene Lake with one of the fisheries guys. We just surveyed fishermen on the lake; species and size of what they caught, number of fishermen, number of poles, time spent, etc.
Here is the departments little boat. There are some doosies out there, all the rich peoples toys.

Like these rich bastards.

Like these rich bastards.
Those are some evil looking bills.

This is a radio tower disguised to look like a tree.
This is the most real one I've seen, not too bad.
And my Roy boy. This is a dog blog afterall.
Speaking of dogs, I forgot to mention. I left at 6 am yesterday and got home at 10 pm. When I left I took my truck out of the garage, shut the door and then went inside and put my dogs in the garage. When I drove out of the drive way, I was staring at a shut garage door. But, when I came home at 10 pm, the garage door was wide open! My dogs came running from around the house and I know Reena had been down to the lake because she was all wet. I don't know how or how long the garage was open??? Thankfully nothing seemed touched in my house or garage. I don't know what my dogs did all day but I bet it was their best day ever!







No comments:
Post a Comment