Monday, October 18, 2010

Mineral Ridge

Lookey here, I finally learned how split firewood! Took lots of practice, and the fact that the wood is actually dry this year. I tried splitting all this wood last fall when right after it was first cut down so it was really green then, ...and that's why I couldn't split it. Yes, uh huh. Ok, and I didn't actually split all that wood in the photo, my technician did most of it, but I did about half of it. That's better than 0. I was afraid I was going to hack my legs off too, everytime I would miss the log, it would swing directly towards one shin or another. Too scary.


Went on a hike this weekend with an online MeetIn hiking group in CDA. It's the first event with the group I've attended, and I dragged Kathy along with me. But it was a beautiful hike on Mineral Ridge trail, over looking Lake Coeur d'Alene. Gorgeous right.






And here's Kathy with her two crazy labs, Harley and Whitney. They are both huge dogs, like 80 and 90 lbs. And all lab.

No comments: