Proof of what tears apart the hillside next to my house. I've seen ALL kinds of tracks. New ones every day. Just tearing apart this hill to get to the scouring rush under the snow. There's moose, ..elk, ...and deer tracks.
Yet I haven't yet once, actually seen the moose, elk, or deer. I can practically see this hill from the window in my house - but not actually. but I can see the trail between the house and the lake they take to get there. Yet all winter I have not caught one glimpse of an actual animal on the trail.
I'm kinda concerned to know when there's deer 5o feet from my back door, so I won't let the dogs out without knowing. Bye bye dogs.
Anyway, you get the point. And I finally saw a moose this moringing down by the lake. They do exist.
This is the hillside that they trash.


Ah, yes, deer. Looks like deer poop, smells like deer poop, taste like deer poop.

There's my house from the hillside.

All those trails down the power line corridor. That's the opposite direction than my house but the power line goes down between my house and the lake and there are just as many tracks that way.

And finally, I actually see one of them.

A cow moose. Pretty cool to just see her hanging out.
Did I tell you I had to go shoot a moose on the railroad tracks. Wasn't fun. She was HUGE. Her back was broken, but otherwise she looked perfectly fine and was with it and everything. And I had to shoot her in the head. It would have taken many days for her to have died otherwise, not until she starved to death since she didn't have any life theatening injuries. Poor thing.
On a brighter note. Thought I'd throw in some Reena pictures. Just doing what she does. Acting like a coyote.



2 comments:
In Utah they electrocute moose. In Texas, it's hanging. I'm glad you only had to shoot that one. And I'm sorry you had to shoot that one. .. Did you get the meat? The head?
When are you coming back? I don't think I'm going anywhere for awhile...
KAREOKE!!
Awesome I'm comming down really soon! How about April 1st or 2nd. Your on the hook now :) But really, Kareoke! Its my 2nd annual 39th B-day!
Post a Comment