Saturday, August 8, 2009

wildlife abounds

We have a little problem.... these otters keep eating all the ducks in our traps. So, little otter, time to trap you. But, I didn't want to kill them so I wanted to live trap them to relocate them. And I got one!!

Oh, poor me, I am soo sad. I miss my mom and I had to spend all night in this trap.

Please have mercy, I am too cute.

Not working, well then....let me go or else!


Here's a few more wildlife photos for you. We were driving through the Kootenai National Wildlife and we saw a baby moose on one side of the road, so we stopped, and it came up the road bank right in front of us! Aint it adorable.




We walked through some ag. fields and I got a couple of hawk photos.


Here is a Swainson's hawk with a vole.

And check out this osprey. Those talons and beak!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Awesome photos, Col!!!

Hey, a little bird told me you're coming down ... DETAILS PLEASE!

Katy said...

WOW. Can I have the otter? I have a canal. He can eat whatever he wants...

I think the moose might be fun, too. Especially if he ever went on one of those When Animals Attack-style rampages in downtown Greenleaf...then I can step up and throw a halter on him (because I would hand feed him carrots and such for a month before turning him loose) and SAVE THE DAY!

That would ensure my mayor-ship.

When can you get those animal here?

Ellie said...

You are so lucky to live in such a beautiful place!!!