Wednesday, April 21, 2010

mini moose

This photo just cracks me up! A gentleman that frequents the WMA took this photo and sent it to me. Is it just me, or how big does this mouse, er moose, look to you? It hardly looks bigger than a blade of grass!

Here's another moose photo while I'm sharing :)

4 comments:

Knotty Dogs said...

Very cool! Is the second photo yours? Do you see many meese ... I mean, um ... mooses up there?

CAT said...

Yeah, earlier in April there were 4 moose on the other side of the lake. I've seen 5 out on an island all at once last year too. They love McArthur lake becuase it is pretty shallow with lots of aquatic veg. I was out hiking grass above my head and ran into one 10 ft away. We were both a little shaken. Reena cornered a baby in the swamp last spring. After I called her off, boy did that little guy have an earful for me! No camera both times though.

Katy said...

I think that Mooses were just recently accepted into the AKC...and now they are breeding Mini-Mooses..trying to maintain that perfect confirmation and the natural grazing ability inherent in the full sized breed.

CAT said...

Yeah! If we could breed for a cute mini moose that could still eat 100 lbs of veg a day! Think how cool they would be. Even if 50% died of colic, diahrea or digestive failure...still could make money on the other 50.