Sunday, November 22, 2009

Feeding raw (and rotten) Naturally!

I noticed how soft and supple Roy's coat is today. Must be 'his' new found diet. I hope to never have to see it, praying it never ends up on my carpet.

For the 3rd time this week Roy has quickly slipped away under the cover of darkness when I let him out to go to the bathroom. It is pitch black out by 4:15 BTW...seriously! And as everyone knows by now...at least I should....there is only ONE thing on this planet that takes Roy away from my side for more than a minute. Hell Yeah! Road Kill!!!

He comes back with his gut as tight as a drum. Lies on the couch in a coma. And this says it all: the next morning when I feed Reena, Roy doesn't even lift his head! He usually follows me around, liking my hands for an hour every morning and evening before meal time.

There are four sides to Roy. no more. no less.
1. Holy terror to all strangers and dogs;
2. THE biggest couch potato;
3. big fat baby velcroed to me side; and
4. hoover machine to anything that will fit down his 5 inch gullet!
All boy I guess.

So anyway, in the last week, he has eaten perhaps three meals of kibbles ( I feed twice a day) and 3 gut packing meals of dead something-or-other.

Next time I get a phone call, there's a dead deer on the road come get it (the FG) I tell them I'm on it, with my trusty canine. I'll head down and set Roy on it. He'll take care of that. All natural, all organic, free-range diet.

Of course the worst part of this is, is that road kill is on the road! I've hiked down the road calling him, but I haven't figured out where his stash is yet. Next time I let him go potty, I'm putting the GPS collar on him so if you takes off I can go get him. I'm a slow learner. What ever it was, I would think he has eaten the whole thing by now. Unless its a dead bull moose perhaps.

1 comment:

Katy said...

OH GOD. That is funny. Wait until it gets too putrid for even Roy to eat and then...he rolls in it.

Good luck with the GPS. You should post a map of Tracking Roy's All Natural Diet.