Saturday, February 13, 2010

its a miracle

I always thought that if I ever had a moment with a cat and dog sleeping with each other like all the cute photos you see it would be a miracle. Guess miracles can happen.

When I had both Larry and Mac, the cats were always wary to some degree and never let their guard down and played like cats should. The dogs and cats kept a wide breadth around each other. Mac was always the most nervous about it. Once Mac was gone Larry started getting brave enough to come up and sniff the dogs tails or something, and he would have moments of zooming around the house after a wad of paper. Larry is just such a character, he's pretty bold and bossy, and thinks he should be number one. With just the 3 pets I've had precious moments on the couch of a dog on either side and the cat in my lap. But never touching!

Lately I'll hear Reena give one sharp plaintive "hey, what the hell" bark from the other room. When I check, Reena is standing in the middle of the room and Larry is somewhere looking innocent. I'm assuming Larry snuck up behind her to sniff her or actually touched her or something!

Last night Reena was at one end of the couch and Larry came up between her and I, but instead of getting on my lap, he snuggled up to her butt and lied half on her. She startles and turns around, but doesn't protest. She stares at me, then glances down at the cat then back at me, questioning. Then glances at the cat again and back at me. She totally had the look of "Uhm, what am I suppose to do?" Meanwhile Larry is just settled in like nothing is going on. I tell Reena she's fine and he's being sweet. She gives up and turns and puts her head on her paws and relaxes. How precious. Then Larry nonchalantly stretches out his front paws and rests them on her back legs. Like, ok, I'll push the envelope just a little further. It was funny just to watch the whole thing.

Maybe Larry will tackle Roy next. Good luck with that one! Roy doesn't even like it if I move an inch when he's on the couch. A big gruff huff and he's gone.

1 comment:

Knotty Dogs said...

Too funny. Remind me to give you my camera back when you come down so you can take some photos. I miss seeing pictures on your blog.