Saturday, March 6, 2010

Are you jealous yet

A quick note, before I head to Boise to see ya all!
I was doing migration sureveys this week and saw lots of cool wildlife, enough to make you jealous I'm sure :)

While counting birds on the lake I saw an otter on the ice eating a fish. Then an immature bald eagle swoops down and almost grabs the not so little guy! The otter slips back down the hole in the ice for a few seconds. Then comes back up with his fish to continue eating until the eagle makes it around to harass him again.

I saw 4 moose coming out of the woods on the other side of McArthur Lake to enjoy the spring food. There is a bald eagle nest on the other side of the lake too and I went to check it out and one adult was sitting in the tree, waiting for its mate, where ever it may be.

On the ponds at BCWMA - 341 Tundra swans, 567 Canada geese, 250 Northern pintail, 142 Common Golden eye - some of the highlights!

See, too bad you aren't coming to visit me :)
I'm headed to Boise for The Wildlife Society meeting, which ends Thursday, so I'll have the end of the week to have fun. I'm bringing my shotgun so Jodi and I can go target shoot, that will be fun. Can't wait to see Echo's little thingys - look alot like rats.

PS Maybe next time I'll have Jodi's camera and can share some photos!

1 comment:

Katy said...

I seriously considering getting a pig so you can baptize him...or her...

I really want heaven to have fresh sausage.