From the begining.
I get home and find this mess on the kitchen floor from that hole in the garage door! Well it was a cat door that got ripped bigger.

Some people may have experienced this kind of destruction from a puppy or something, but my dogs don't destroy or chew on anything I don't give them, they even leave the cat food alone. So this is way out of character and I can't imagine what the hell happened when I was gone!
First, I determine it was Reena from the fur on the door.

I see little bits of blood on some of the sawdust, ...and some on the door handle. I check Reena and no sign of bleeding. I think, shit, I hope someone didn't break in.

On the garage side of the door is a bunch of water!? Not pee or anything, just water. I'm guessing drool? I think maybe Reena got her head stuck in the cat door? But that is alot of digging on the door for having a head stuck in it at the same time.

Perhaps there was a racoon or something in the garage Reena was trying to get at?? Also when I got home she went out to the garage and just hung out by herself, something she never does. All so odd, I'm stumped as to what the hell happened while I was not home??

I tape cardboard over the hole and finally sit down on the couch. I notice that my cell phone on the coffee table has a completely dead battery. Shit no, that couldn't have anything to do with it. But... usually when the dead battery alarm goes off..... Reena comes and gets me; but a few times she instead went to the cat door and started clawing at it trying to fit through. I'm guessing to get out of hearing range?
Ok, so. I plug my phone in for just a second so it has enough battery to turn back on and then unplug it so the dead battery alarm will go off again. When it goes off, I watch Reena. She absolutely got up and went to the door to the garage and started clawing at the cardboard I taped over the hole. Wow! She has to really hate that sound! What the . And like I said, she has never tore anything up before, except she had a taste for ink pens and pencils when she was 6 months old.
She must have been desperate to make such a mess, and blood on the door handle, and all that drool on the other side of the door. Poor thing. All over a phone beeping?

1 comment:
wow! OMG ... poor thing.
Post a Comment