Wednesday, January 12, 2011

101 moose photos

I went for a hike with the dogs recently. And thank you to the one that rules life, I didn't let my dogs out at first becuase the parking was too deep in snow. So I was driving further down the road to park and start our hike. As I was driving, I'm like Oh Shit! that big thing over there is a moose (this was at 2 in the afternoon too). And Holy Shit, that other thing over there is a moose 2. And Oh Holy Shit Moose 3! (moose are generally solitary and don't herd up like deer or elk). After I drove to the end of the road, I counted 9. So yeah, thank God and didn't let my dogs out.

And here are a thousand photos :) Well, Jodi said she didn't know what a moose looked like, so I wanted to educate her. Thus all the photos.

First, just the awesome winter wonderland photos. Heaven on earth.



Shit a moose!

Shit another moose!

Shit! Another moose!

That's 3 ....so far.


They look small, but in real life the were huge!

I then just starting seeing big black shadows within the trees and snow, like prehistoric beast. That's a another moose! I totaled 9 moose in the 40 acre area.


How many do you see?

See anything?

Yeah, that.

This is the test.

Q1. See that one?

Q2. How Many.

Q 3. How many?
These are for you Jodi, and they are pretty cool too. On this photo you can see where this big boy lost his antlers.


Here's a little guy who hasn't dropped his antlers yet.




THE END

1 comment:

Katy said...

Uhhhh....Colleen? Those are kestrels.... Clearly.