Monday, January 31, 2011

Bald eagle road kill.

Chick it out. It was eating road kill next to the railroad and got smacked by the train. Hard to appreciate its sheer size, but that wing span in 3 feet. I am standing back 10 ft just to get a photo of it. It is probably 3 yrs old based on the amount of white mottling still present. A local alerted me to it, suprisingly not Roy. Roy did think about tasting its feet though. Not something I would want to put in my mouth!

















6 comments:

Knotty Dogs said...

Holy crap!!!

Debbie said...

Awesome bird, but you need to contact your local fish & game officer. Possession of an eagle, even dead, is against the law. (Hubby is a F&G officer in WV.)

Debbie

CAT said...

Debbie,
Yes, that is why it is in my possession, I do too. But thanks anyways.

Katy said...

Your hand next to it's beak and talons give pretty good perspective on the HUGENESS of that thing. WOW. Are you going to make a hood ornament for your new truck? Hang the feet from your rear-view?

Katy said...

You know....the more I look at this picture...the more I think it's just a kestrel.

CAT said...

Haha...hahahah.. Your right...a kestrel damn it! Your like a biology savant. Amazing. I want to be just like you when I grow up. ;)