You can't know how excited I am to get my DirectTV set up tomorrow!! One, I have never had cable tv that I can remember. Maybe when I lived in a house with a bunch of roomates in school but I didn't watch much tv. And I feel so isolated right now that having any tv feels like a life saver! I don't know why but I've been feeling pretty off center since I came up here, probably just pressure from many different directions. With the DirectTV, I'm also getting the DVR or whatever, the little box that lets you watch you shows at anytime, rewind during the show or fast forward...all that new technology stuff I usually just ignore. I can't wait.
Yesterday Roy and I had a huge scare! We were both sitting on the couch by the wood stove, enjoying the cozy fire...ah. Out of nowhere, a huge shotgun blast goes off 4 ft from us and shrapnel of some sort flies across the room! I seriously thought a gun had went off. I couldn't hear a thing for three minutes. I looked around and saw peices of a green lighter blown to peices! I placed the lighter I used to start the fire on a lip of the fireplace. Holy shit! That thing just exploded. Peices of it 30 ft away. I still have hearing loss. Alot of good that DirectTV is going to do me now. I can still see the pictures though. All those perty people.
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
OMG! How scary! I know I'm not all that careful about where I put the lighter when I am done with it ... but I will from now on. Glad you're ok, and I hope your hearing comes back soon. Wow!
Post a Comment